• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

EBAY fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nickstafford

What is the name of your state? VA

I have a real quick question that has to do with a transaction on ebay. I purchased an item from guy who lives in Clarksville TN I (northern middle part of Tennessee) I live in Bristol Va (on the state line of Tennessee and Virginia) basically he took my 217.50 and ran. Ebay insurance does not cover the item I purchased. So in order to take him to Civil Court what do I need to do? Sue in his county in TN or mine in VA or can I go across the state line and file in the first Tennessee county against him? What are my options and what is the best route IF it costs 36.00 to file a suit can I ask for that amount in my suit also?

djohnson

Why would ebay not cover the item you purchased. Was this a deal that was taken off of ebay? What has the seller said when you tried to contact them? Do you have proof of payment? Have you tried the mediation that ebay offers? I can not answer where it would be best to file at but maybe someone else will jump in and can answer that part. You can include court costs in the amount.

JETX

If you decide to pursue action against the seller, you will have to do so in their home county. Filing in any other location will allow them to challenge the filing and jurisdiction.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">