• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Educational Contracts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

Fluegalbinder

Hello, I am a third year nursing student at Medical College of Ohio School of Nursing. For my first 3 years at school the grade scale has been set at 70% is a "C" and so forth. Recently, and without warning the school has decided to up the grade scale to 76% is a "C". Now this grade scale hike has not yet affected me but it has drastically reduced the number of students in my class. I went through my school of Nursing handbook given out by the Medical College of Ohio and their standards are clearly stated as 70% is a "C" and that is the criteria we all signed the agreement under. I did some checking and discovered that the college was put on acedemic probation and that this is the reason that the grade scale hike was implemented. What I would like to know is that if this grade scale hike does affect me eventually, will I have a case to fight it? I have thousands of dollars in student loans as this is now my third year and some of the loans were acquired through this same college. Do they have the legal right to implement such a grade scale hike? I mean we signed a contract, and the criteria in the MCO School of Nursing handbook clearly states that "C" is the passing criteria at 70%. Is there something I can do to fight this unfair change in policy?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">