• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Electrical contractor estimate question!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

slubkin

What is the name of your state? CA

I hired an electrical contractor several months ago for multiple small electrical jobs on my house, and the initial estimate said that the cost of excavation/trenching for the power upgrade to my house (one of the jobs) would be $75 per man hour plus materials.

Although they completed much of the interior work quickly, it took months for them to come out and cut and excavate the concrete, then they left the open trench in front of my house for another few months. The work is still not complete and I still have an open trench! The contractor never gave me an estimate for the number of man hours involved OR the cost of materials- EVER.

Was it legal for them to go ahead and send some workers to start the job? The service manager is no longer working for them and I just got a new invoice charging me $2500 for the labor and materials for the trenching; if I had know it would be so expensive I would not have had the work done. What are my options?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">