• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Electrical towing harness incorrectly installed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tdpantex

I live in Texas. On Friday 6-28 I had a wiring harness and towing device (rated at 2000 pounds), installed by a local hitch company. That same night I was towing a small amout of furniture (about 300 pounds) when some fuses blew and the car began to over-heat. I lost the speedometer, a/c, & windows. The "check engine" light came on and the manual said to take the car to Dealer. Car has only 4000 miles. I had no idea whether the new elec harness caused it or something else. My warrenty said to take to the dealer, so I did that.
The dealer said the elec. harness was installed incorrectly and it caused the problems. Also the warrenty will not cover it and I will have to pay for the repairs and seek collection from the hitch company. What should I do if the hitch company refuses to pay for it? Should I stop payment on the check untill it's resolved? Any other legal remedies?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">