• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Email Binding Contract?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AggieJosh02

What is the name of your state? California

I received a promotion code from a friend and used it on SIRIUS' website to get a Free Satellite Radio, Car Kit, and Activation with a service agreement. I signed up for the quarterly payment arrangement of $35 every 3 months. A day after submitting my order I received a confirmation email with a "Receipt" of my order and it also said it usually ships in about 48 hours. I called to confirm the order twice over the next week to ensure that I was eligible for the promotion and while they said the promotion was really for Circuit City employees they were going to honor it and send me my equipment. A little over a week later I get an email cancelling my order due to an "Invalid Promo Code." So not only am I out the radio that I was confirmed to have orderded, they now have my address, phone number, credit card, and email address. A day after receiving the cancellation notice, I get a spam email from Sirius. Something just doesnt seem right here. I feel the confirmation email they sent to me (along with 1000s of others) was a binding agreement between myself and SIRIUS. Is this a situation that I can take to small claims court?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">