• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

emails

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

southpawintern

What is the name of your state? Nebraska
Can an email be considered a legal binding contract
I had informed a business that I would be ordering a shippment of items over the next three months. This email was not intended to be a purchase order. They went ahead and sent the first month supply anyway and because I needed them I accepted the delivery and paid for them. I then relized that there would be no need for anymore to be produced and shipped to me. The company informed me that they had already been produced and that I would have to accept the delivery and pay for the production even though I had not given them a normal/legal purchase order. Because I had accepted the first shipment does this mean that I have inturn aggreed to the next three months even when the email was not a legal document.

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

southpawintern said:
What is the name of your state? Nebraska
Can an email be considered a legal binding contract
I had informed a business that I would be ordering a shippment of items over the next three months. This email was not intended to be a purchase order. They went ahead and sent the first month supply anyway and because I needed them I accepted the delivery and paid for them. I then relized that there would be no need for anymore to be produced and shipped to me. The company informed me that they had already been produced and that I would have to accept the delivery and pay for the production even though I had not given them a normal/legal purchase order. Because I had accepted the first shipment does this mean that I have inturn aggreed to the next three months even when the email was not a legal document.

My response:

Please post the EXACT, verbatim, e-mails in chronological order from both you and the company. Otherwise, we won't have an inkling as to whether you entered into a contract.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">