• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

employee signs contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sandmail101

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? fl

if an employee of mine signed a contract 3 years ago that stated it automatically renewed after 2 years how does the company determine if i authorized her to sign it on my behalf

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? fl

if an employee of mine signed a contract 3 years ago that stated it automatically renewed after 2 years how does the company determine if i authorized her to sign it on my behalf
Are you using the services provided by the contract?

sandmail101

no. the contract was with safetouch security. i called them and told them that i have not been using the system for over 2 years, but they said they were still sending a signal from their monitoring station. i told them that i had called their office several times to inform them that i didn't want them to send a signal because the system hasn't been working for about 2 years - i never use it because the alarm goes off when it's not supposed to and it's more trouble than it's worth. they kept sending me bills for monitoring and after the 3rd of 4th phone call someone informed me i had to write a letter so i did. then after they received the letter is when i got the call that i signed a 5 year contract i told them i didn't remember signing a 5 year contract and to send it to me. that's when i realized my employee signed a contract that stated 36 months with a clause that it would automatically renew for 2 years if not cancelled 60 days prior to the 3 year period.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">