• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

End of Lease mileage dispute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rogerw2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon

Hello, I have a auto lease issue. A few years ago I turned in a lease vehicle on time with no issues. Several months later I received a letter from the lease company stating that I owed for over mileage. I responded with a copy of the end of lease report that showed I did not. I also pointed out to them that the mileage number was written in bad hand writing, maybe the data entry person made a mistake. I talked to a representative who agreed with me and said they would correct the issue. I heard nothing for a year.

A year later I received a collection letter from a third party collection agency demanding payment for the over mileage! I responded with about the same message as the first, plus I asked for proof and a copy of the original end of lease report and heard nothing for a year.

A year later, I receive another letter from yet another collection agency! I responded asking for proof and a copy of the original end of lease report. They responded a few months later with nothing but a copy of my lease agreement.

All the while the lease is still on my credit report with a balance due of $2400. No late payment indicators, for four years or so, but the credit reporting agencies will not remove the item.
What do I do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">