• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

enforcable contract?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CAtroubles

I have a friend that moved to a resort area.. after visiting him several times, I approached him with a product idea that I have been mapping out in my head for several years..even had serveral sales meetings, focus groups etc.... I basically was a CDROM travel guide of the area..a pre-planning guide..advertiser based and sold to the public for little or no charge...The Cd-ROM also includes a discount card good for various discounts at all advertisers...

He like the idea but was not very computer savy but was a good marketing person.. so the deal was he would sell the advertising and I would handel all of the programming and duplication of the CD-ROM..the advertising monies sold would pay for all the out of pocket expenses and we would split the profit from sale of the CD-ROMs. (this all happened via e-mail over several months) I produced demos, he was selling..to the tune of $850 per ad to over 50 advertisers and a goal of 125...during this process we purchased a digital camera that I bought and he sent me a check for half..he used the camera to take digital pictures. He was sending all of the ads and pictures and resort information to include in the software.. I worked for months on this project.. all of a sudden I hear nothing from him.. no phone calls, no return e-mails..nothing... over 30 days go by and he finally e-mails me and says the project is almost done.. he decide to use a progammer in NY to do the project and he made me an offer, via e-mail, for a $5,000 payment and $1.00 per disk sold... plus he wanted me to handel all of the duplication of the disk.. I accepted... then he disappears again..... the disk is hitting the market he feels he has no obligation to me...

As I see it he has stolen my idea ans a fair amount of money.. Do I have any legal recourse? The sad thing is, I have know this guy for over 15 years... we were very close...did not see this coming...

thank you for any help... I am in CA.. he is in another state..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">