• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Entertainment Law - Writer/Agent Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

baztp

I am a screenwriter from Denver, Colorado involved in contract negotiation with an agent from Santa Monica, California. All of my work has been registered through the Library of Congress. Two contracts were draw up for me on 7/01/03 giving rights to my agent to market my body of work for a comission. The contracts adhered to the California Labor Code and were satisfactory. The problem is I have not received my notarized copies back in the mail yet and it's 7/31/03. Are these contracts unofficial until they are signed and notarized by both parties? Can I create an official document voiding these contracts if not notarized by a certain date? Is there an entertainment lawyer out there that doesn't cost $500 an hour? Thank You!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">