• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Etrade Inc made a mistake on deposit Regular acct instead Roth IRA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

victoriaNg

I live in TX. Back in April I sent a check for my yearly dep on my Roth IRA to Etrade. Instead dep into that account they deposited to my Regular Brokerage account which i haven't touched for several months (a yr plus). So when I logged in and see that amount had been deposited, I immediately calculated what to buy (for long term since it is Roth IRA accnt). Couple weeks later, I logged in and realized they deposited in a wrong account! I request them to transfer these new security shares to my Roth IRA. Instead of that they transfer funds (money) over which i don't have avail in it. I have been attempted to contact them several time on the fone, over the emails but only get some idiotic and unprofessionals responses back. I was heavily traveling during April and May so I did not able to check it often. So after almost 3 months emails/calls back and forth, finally I panicked to see my shares were sold! I called and threated to sue, instead they credit me back 70 dollars while all my shares in my regular account has been sold to cover this fund transfering. Now the question is can i sue them legally for mental distress and the loss they caused on my regular account (since most of them I bought at high price couple yrs ago). Etrade sent me a letter and said it is my responsibilities to monitor my Roth IRA/ Regular account daily. I said I do not responsible for your firm's mistake. Am i right or wrong on this one? Can I file a law suit against them? Pls advise? What lawyer should I contact to sue Etrade for this kind of matter? Thank you all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">