• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

EV SLL Warrenty?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

allstarr

I was doing research on a company, to consider doing some small investing with it. I looked around on the web, and saw multiple people saying they had a good experience with the company.

The company also had a Comodo EV SLL Certificate on it, with a little pop-up for their associate site on https://www.instantssl.com talking about their warranty of up to $1.7 million. I took this to be a good sign, what with the "Web Trust" on it.

For about a month, it was good. Then, I go to log-in on the site, and poof, it's gone! I thought they could be having some technical issues, but a day later, and zip. I go to some forums, and others are complaining about it not paying investors.

I thought to contact Comodo, since they provided the warranty and SSL Certificate. Their response: "Comodo does not regulate, control or monitor the business practices of any web site operator, nor do our services relate in any way whatsoever with the content of a particular web site..." and it goes on.

What then, is the point to even having their certificates and warranties, if a consumer thinks that they are dealing with a legitimate business, only for them to vanish? Doesn't Comodo have some responsibility, when providing it's "Green Bar Good Site" to a web site? Isn't the "assurance" that this is a "trusted site" supposed to mean something? Is there anything I can do, since Comodo claims to be a source for making sure a consumer is dealing with a "legitimate site," only to turn out that all they're doing is selling trash?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">