• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Exercise Equipment Warranty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bubbadubyadoh

What is the name of your state? NE

Bought a TV treadmill (Reebok Vista) brand new from Sports Authority (SA) in early February. It has 3-month manufacturer warranty and I also purchased 3-year extended warranty from SA.

Next day, I installed it myself (just two pieces that need to be screwed together). Connected the treadmill TV to cable, it didn't work, only produced static. Called Reebok service, managed to get a tech person who tried to troubleshoot it. It still didn't work so the tech filed a part replacement form, told me that they were going to send me a new TV and a third party will come to install it.

Now, almost the end of April. Still no TV.

Called Reebok several times, most of the times never managed to talk to a live person. When I got a live person, he told me that the TV is still being produced in China and he would check the status every now and then and update me with the information. Never heard of him again. This has been really frustrating.

What are my options now? Is Reebok just delaying to wait until their 3-month warranty is over? I suspect I will never see this new TV. How do I legally force Reebok to send me the new TV or pay me for the dead TV? Or is this Sports Authority's problem?

Thanks,

David

divgradcurl

bubbadubyadoh said:
What is the name of your state? NE

Bought a TV treadmill (Reebok Vista) brand new from Sports Authority (SA) in early February. It has 3-month manufacturer warranty and I also purchased 3-year extended warranty from SA.

Next day, I installed it myself (just two pieces that need to be screwed together). Connected the treadmill TV to cable, it didn't work, only produced static. Called Reebok service, managed to get a tech person who tried to troubleshoot it. It still didn't work so the tech filed a part replacement form, told me that they were going to send me a new TV and a third party will come to install it.

Now, almost the end of April. Still no TV.

Called Reebok several times, most of the times never managed to talk to a live person. When I got a live person, he told me that the TV is still being produced in China and he would check the status every now and then and update me with the information. Never heard of him again. This has been really frustrating.

What are my options now? Is Reebok just delaying to wait until their 3-month warranty is over? I suspect I will never see this new TV. How do I legally force Reebok to send me the new TV or pay me for the dead TV? Or is this Sports Authority's problem?

Thanks,

David
Well, you are in kind of a tough position. First off, since you've reported the problem within the three month warranty period, it's not like they can stall and then say it's not covered -- they could, or course, but it wouldn't hold up in court.

It might be easier to pressure Sport's Authority. They are primarily liable for the warranty, even if they tell you to go to Reebok first until their warranty is expired. If you are getting so satisfaction from Reebok, you might try putting some pressure on Sports Authority.

Rather than calling and calling, try sending a letter, certified return receipt requested, to both Reebok and Sports Authority demanding that your product be repaired in a timely manner.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">