• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

extended vehicle warranty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

purpleroyale

EXTENDED VEHICLE WARRANTY

i purchased a '99 ford taurus in august of 2000 at carmax in charlotte nc. i also purchased an extended warranty which was included in my monthly car payments. my car broke down a couple of weeks ago and i had to have it towed into carmax. they advised that i blew my gaskets and i need a new engine. they had an "adjuster"??? to come out and take pictures of my oil filter and it was determined that due to lack of maintenance, i am now responsible for full payment of repairs, they advised that this was written in my contract. i have never heard of such a thing. can you please enlighten me or tell me if you think this is something i need legal help with? on 04/12, i was adv that due to some recall on some parts for the '99 taurus, ford motor company will be paying to have my head gaskets repaired, but not for the repair of my engine, if not for the gaskets malfunctioning, my engine wouldn't have blown. is ford motor co not responsible for the repair of my engine as well?

[Edited by purpleroyale on 04-12-2001 at 10:44 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">