• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failed home repair

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

IMRichB

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I recently had a full service plumber out to fix a blocked drain. No written contract, but over the phone they informed me of their rates ($X to come out and $Y per hour). They came out, spent 4 hours attempting to fix, couldn't fix, said they'd come back the next day. Didn't come back the next two days, we called them back and they came out again. On second trip, they spent .75 hours attempting to fix, couldn't fix, said they'd call us back the next day. Didn't call us back ever again.

Subsequently, we called a different plumber who came out and was able to fix the problem in about an hour.

Just got the bill from the first plumber for 4.75 hours of labor, and just wondering what my legal position is. Since I did agree over the phone to their rates, am I obligated to pay?

Thanks,

Rich B.

HomeGuru

IMRichB said:
What is the name of your state? Michigan

I recently had a full service plumber out to fix a blocked drain. No written contract, but over the phone they informed me of their rates ($X to come out and $Y per hour). They came out, spent 4 hours attempting to fix, couldn't fix, said they'd come back the next day. Didn't come back the next two days, we called them back and they came out again. On second trip, they spent .75 hours attempting to fix, couldn't fix, said they'd call us back the next day. Didn't call us back ever again.

Subsequently, we called a different plumber who came out and was able to fix the problem in about an hour.

Just got the bill from the first plumber for 4.75 hours of labor, and just wondering what my legal position is. Since I did agree over the phone to their rates, am I obligated to pay?

Thanks,

Rich B.
**A: dispute it since they did not complete the job and resolve the problem and left without communicating.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">