• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failure to honor contract...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

Waxaholic

My wife and i signed a contract with a law firm back in 1996 to have certain services rendered as outlined the contract. The reason it has been so long waiting to file is because it has taken me this long to track them down. I found them on the .net of all places. Anyhow, the contract was for the sum of $1195.00 and we paid $800.00 before communication ties were broke between the Law firm and us. My wife repeatedly attempted to find out what was going with no results. The firm eventually disappeared and we haven't heard a thing since. My question is...how should i approach getting my moneys back? Should i pursue this in small claims court or another means. Small claims will not be an option if i must attend due to the contract was in agreement while i was in Alabama and the party in question was in California. I am currently in Wisconsin. Any and all help is appreciated.

Wax

L

loku

Law firm gone

Your first step should be to contact the California Bar Association. They police the profession in Cal. You can call the Complaint Hotline at 800-843-9053 if you are in Calfornia. If outside Cal, call the hotline at 213-765-1200.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">