• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failure to receive refund from nursing home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Allen Boren

What is the name of your state? texas My mother-in-law checked out of nursing home to enter hospital on oct.25. by nov.4, doctors said she would not be able to return. Nov. 6, i went to the home to advise administrator. Contract states that a pro-rated refund will be made on unused days. We had payed for the entire month of nov. also $400. of a $500. deposit was refundable. The administratorat first, told me that there was no refund. I showed her where it was very clear in the contract and she said she would have to call corporate office. A few minutes later, she said that they would mail me a check based on the day everything was cleared from her apartment. At 4:30 pm on nov 6, all was clear. I drafted a brief note stating that all was clear and i would expect a refund based on the deposit of $400. plus the 24 days remaining in nov. she calculated the 24 days, filled it in on the note and signed it. after 30 days i called and was told, the home (tiffany walk in tomball, tx.) has been taken over by another corp.. all employees, chief administrator, etc. remain the same but the name is changing.We will try to get you your refund. After another 30 days, i called again and was told that since this was 'kinda' like a bank foreclosure, the new company would not be refunding mine or any of the many other's that had money due.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">