• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fake student ID

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

formerstudent

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I live in a college town, and there are many businesses around that give student discounts with ID. Yesterday I got the idea that I could create a convincing fake student ID. What are the legal implications of using this fake ID for the sole purpose of getting discounts?

Happy Trails

formerstudent said:

I live in a college town, and there are many businesses around that give student discounts with ID. Yesterday I got the idea that I could create a convincing fake student ID. What are the legal implications of using this fake ID for the sole purpose of getting discounts?
Well, in your post you use the term 'fake'. If you look up the word in the dictionary you willl find the definition to be-----Having a false or misleading appearance; fraudulent.

You would be getting discounts on things under false pretenses. This is considered fraud.

S

seniorjudge

formerstudent said:

Q: What are the legal implications of using this fake ID for the sole purpose of getting discounts?

A: Getting arrested and thrown in prison for theft by deception.

ENASNI

Jeesh

Why don't you just sign up for a course in Law and Ethics.. Get a real ID.

Oh you don't seem to have any ethics...

So I will answer your question..
Fraud
Jail.

Jeesh :mad:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">