• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"false" advertising at McDonald's?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

heinzr

What is the name of your state? - Indiana

Let me start by saying that I have no interest in sueing McDonalds, and don't even want to be causing trouble. However...

McDonald's has recently been running a promotion where you get game pieces for a contest to win a PlayStation Portable game system. These pieces exist on BigMac cartons and on large fry containers.

Now - I love McDonalds, and anytime they have a promotion like this, I always go for it hook line and sinker. Each restaurant has a sign up right now which says "Double your chances to win with a Large BigMac Value Meal". The idea is that with a big mac meal you get both the big mac and large fries (two game pieces).

So - my dilema: I have purchased this large big mac meal no less than 6 times over the past 2 weeks, at 3 different mcdonald stores in my area. Not once have I receved two game pieces. At two of the stores, the large fry containers do not have game pieces on them. At the third, the big mac containers do not have game pieces on them. If I ask afterwards, the response I get is "sorry, we're out of those".

I'm sure I'm not the only one expierencing this, and since it's happened at all 3 restaurants I've visited, I'm guessing it's not just a local problem. The quality control seems to be lacking and given McDonalds past contest problems...

Anyway, I feel like people are being ripped off by the promise of 2 game pieces. I certainly have been 100% of the time since I started buying them.

Any suggestions?

panzertanker

heinzr said:
What is the name of your state? - Indiana

Let me start by saying that I have no interest in sueing McDonalds, and don't even want to be causing trouble. However...

McDonald's has recently been running a promotion where you get game pieces for a contest to win a PlayStation Portable game system. These pieces exist on BigMac cartons and on large fry containers.

Now - I love McDonalds, and anytime they have a promotion like this, I always go for it hook line and sinker. Each restaurant has a sign up right now which says "Double your chances to win with a Large BigMac Value Meal". The idea is that with a big mac meal you get both the big mac and large fries (two game pieces).

So - my dilema: I have purchased this large big mac meal no less than 6 times over the past 2 weeks, at 3 different mcdonald stores in my area. Not once have I receved two game pieces. At two of the stores, the large fry containers do not have game pieces on them. At the third, the big mac containers do not have game pieces on them. If I ask afterwards, the response I get is "sorry, we're out of those".

I'm sure I'm not the only one expierencing this, and since it's happened at all 3 restaurants I've visited, I'm guessing it's not just a local problem. The quality control seems to be lacking and given McDonalds past contest problems...

Anyway, I feel like people are being ripped off by the promise of 2 game pieces. I certainly have been 100% of the time since I started buying them.

Any suggestions?
Go to Burger King and stop playing games?

heinzr

I've not yet heard from corporate, although I did complete the feedback to alert them. Unfortunately the franchise owners were not there in the two cases where I asked, since I'd hope that they weren't defrauding people purposely. They have nothing to lose after all by giving out the pieces.

For dinner, I opted for Wendy's.

dallas702

Interesting. I purchased a Big Mac meal last week, and since I don't play those games I didn't say anything, but there were a couple of "stickers" or something that was attached that had obviously been removed before I got my food. I'd say the employees are the problem.

heinzr

Actually, the game pieces are "codes" that are hard-printed on the containers themselves. You actually have to take the container home (or rip part of it off) to enter the code on the website and try it. You must have had some other kind of sticker.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">