• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False information on contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lindede

i purchased a used car in florida 2 weeks ago. i am only 21 years old and i feel i have been taken advantage of. i would like to get out of the contract if possible and get my down payment back. there are a few reason i believe i might have a case.

1. the VIN# on the contract is missing a number and therefore is not the correct VIN#(not the correct car). would this make the contract null and void?
2. the dealer allowed me to take the car without insurance and without all of the information needed for the loan.

any information about contracts would be helpful. thank you!

JETX

Sorry, but neither of those reasons are sufficient 'material fact' to warrant voiding the contract.

At best the VIN error is a typo and the dealer is under no obligation to force you to obtain insurance. The issue of non-sufficient information for a loan can be resolved and leave the contract in place.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">