• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False pretences

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mike2409

Oregon

I recently purchased a vehicle for the price of $12.5K and recently received a bank statement stating that the total amount for the loan was $14.2K. Shocked I called the bank and found out the additional cost was to include a warranty. The dealership states that I signed paperwork ordering the warranty, but nowhere in the conversation with the auto dealer was it explained to me that I would have to purchase a warranty in addition to the asking price for the vehicle. It was explained to us that the warranty was included with the car because the owner who traded it in had a warranty and that it carried through this transaction. At no point in the whole transaction was it stated to me that I was going to have to pay an additional $2K for a warranty. I feel like the car was sold to us under false pretences and I am wondering if this voids the contract, and if I have any rights here as a consumer. I was given the option to cancel the warranty, but the whole reason I purchased this vehicle was because I was informed that a warranty was included.

BelizeBreeze

Mike2409 said:
Oregon

I recently purchased a vehicle for the price of $12.5K and recently received a bank statement stating that the total amount for the loan was $14.2K. Shocked I called the bank and found out the additional cost was to include a warranty. The dealership states that I signed paperwork ordering the warranty, but nowhere in the conversation with the auto dealer was it explained to me that I would have to purchase a warranty in addition to the asking price for the vehicle. It was explained to us that the warranty was included with the car because the owner who traded it in had a warranty and that it carried through this transaction. At no point in the whole transaction was it stated to me that I was going to have to pay an additional $2K for a warranty. I feel like the car was sold to us under false pretences and I am wondering if this voids the contract, and if I have any rights here as a consumer. I was given the option to cancel the warranty, but the whole reason I purchased this vehicle was because I was informed that a warranty was included.
And what EXACTLY does your contract say?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">