• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False Pretenses

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nate0225

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

I recently (April 19th 2008) purchased a vehicle from a dealership and during the process the sales person informed me that we could add a service contract to the vehicle for a certain amount that could be spread out with the loan payments. When he describe it to me he stated that if I chose to get the service contract that I would have 90 days to cancel the contract and receive all the money back less a $30 processing fee. And that it would not lower my monthly payments but I would receive the amount paid back to me in the form of a check. Well about 90 days later I go back and tell them I would like to cancel my service contract and I am told that they do not refund me the money but rather take the money and pay it on the loan since I used a finance company through the dealership. After arguing for 20 minutes with the manager I finally told him just do that because if I didn't cancel it now I would no longer be able to get the full amount back. So my question is do I have any rights to go after the company for them lying to me about how the contract worked?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">