• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Finacially unstable..... and now screwed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

singlemomof3

What is the name of your state? Texas
My name is Kristi and I am a 22 yr old mom of 3. I am currently unemployed because I cannott afford daycare. I am currently in an online university majoring in paralegal studies (I started in April this year). Unfortunately my classes haven't given me enough info on my legal problem that has just arose. I need help finding an attorney that can win my case and that understands I only get $320 a month for child support. I just need some advice on wether or not I even have a case I guess. So here's my problem: I went to Wal-Mart about 3 wks ago and had my oil changed. A few days later I noticed that my car was making a strange noise, and that it was smoking. I called Wal-Mart and they sent the automotive manager out to my house, he looked at the car and told me that the valve cap was too loose and that was the problem. A few days after that, I was driving down the road with 2 of my kids in the car, the car was smoking profusely from under the hood and from the tail pipe pulled over (luckily into an automotive shop). When I killed the car, I popped the hood and the engine was on fire. I got my kids out and ran in screaming that my car was on fire. The guy inside grabbed a fire extinguisher and ran to put the fire out. Afterwards he checked the oil level in the car and informed me that it had about 3 to 4 quarts too much oil in it. I again called Wal-Mart, and the same guy that came out to my house had a major attitude with me, and he brought his boss, who was an even bigger jerk to me. They checked the oil and said that it was not over full (although the oil was just as much OVER the full line as there was under it.) They said they did nothing wrong and refused to fix it. I had to call someone to come drain some of the oil out, and I drove it home. It didn't matter because my car was already badly messed up, because it continued to smoke the whole way home. I had my uncle (who is a mechanic) look at the car, he informed me that my pistons were shot in it. I need a new engine. My car is a 94 Ford Tempo, and had just had a new engine put in before I got it in January of this year. Now I am stuck without a car, Wal-Mart tries to say that I had an oil leak... but I have never had ANY problems with my car before they touched it. Everyone I talk says it is pointless b/c I can't prove it. Honestly I can't afford to pay $500 to an attorney and then end up lossing the case. Help me please.

pammness

your proof

If your Uncle is licenced I'd have him go over it completely..... You have to proove that the engine havin too much oil caused all the problems with your car. Do so, have it checked completely out. Make sure whoever checks it can show in writing and manuals that the oil change and being overfilled caused the damage. Take this proof (copy of) back to that store, if they continue refusing find out who the district manager is for that store, go all the way up the chain. Inform them you will be contacting the BBB also. And do so. See what you need to do from the BBB to have them step in, they do madiations, but you have to follow their guidelines. Also what you need to do to file a complaint. Burden of proof is on you, you have to do your homework. Also, contact the dealer who handles your type of car , see what there service Dept. says, if the confirm, ask if they will give it to you in writing. Good Luck and God Speed :rolleyes:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

What I'm interested in is the fact that you're only 22 and have 3 children. Let me guess - - your oldest is 7 years old, right?

IAAL

singlemomof3

Ok first of all, who are you to judge? And yes I am 22 yr old mom of three...... ages 4, 2, and 1. I did not start hving children at 15. Last but not least what in the world does my age and the number of children I have, have to do with my LEGAL problem?

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

singlemomof3 said:
Ok first of all, who are you to judge? And yes I am 22 yr old mom of three...... ages 4, 2, and 1. I did not start hving children at 15.

My response:

Why, I'm IAAL, that's who!

I am your friendly prosecutor, judge, jury and executioner on this site. So, you were 17 and dropped out of high school because you were pregnant, and didn't have two nickels to rub together. Also, you weren't, and still aren't married, and you can't get a plug nickel from any of the three fathers of those kids.

Do the terms Welfare and Food Stamps sound familiar to you? Was the bowling alley closed on those three nights your kids were conceived?

IAAL

singlemomof3

You are not GOD...... and he is the ONLY judge in my eyes. I don't know what has caused you to become so bitter, but I hope that you can find happiness in something other than trying to hurt other people through your words.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Why, I'm IAAL, that's who!

I am your friendly prosecutor, judge, jury and executioner on this site. So, you were 17 and dropped out of high school because you were pregnant, and didn't have two nickels to rub together. Also, you weren't, and still aren't married, and you can't get a plug nickel from any of the three fathers of those kids.

Do the terms Welfare and Food Stamps sound familiar to you? Was the bowling alley closed on those three nights your kids were conceived?

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

singlemomof3 said:
You are not GOD...... and he is the ONLY judge in my eyes.

My response:

You need to read and comprehend a little better. I said, "I am your friendly prosecutor, judge, jury and executioner on this site."

Do you see the word "God" anywhere in that statement? Although, I have to admit, the moniker DOES sound appealing.

But, here's what matters - - I'm right and you know it.

IAAL

singlemomof3

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

You need to read and comprehend a little better. I said, "I am your friendly prosecutor, judge, jury and executioner on this site."

Do you see the word "God" anywhere in that statement? Although, I have to admit, the moniker DOES sound appealing.

But, here's what matters - - I'm right and you know it.

IAAL
If you think you r right...... ok think that then. But, I said that GOD is my ONLY judge.......... I was in NO way calling you GOD...... and you are not very friendly, I am sorry.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

singlemomof3 said:
If you think you r right...... ok think that then. But, I said that GOD is my ONLY judge.......... I was in NO way calling you GOD...... and you are not very friendly, I am sorry.

My response:

But, while you're here, I am your judge. Think of me as the consciousness of the people around you - - what they're thinking about you -- an unmarried woman, too young to already have three children without fathers (notice the plural "fathers"). Sure, nobody says what they're thinking to your face; that you're a "skank", but that's what they're saying behind your back.

I am merely the "voice" of society, those people who you meet on the street, the people in the stores, the people living next door to you, etc.

Was I wrong about you? Of course not.

IAAL

singlemomof3

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

But, while you're here, I am your judge. Think of me as the consciousness of the people around you - - what they're thinking about you -- an unmarried woman, too young to already have three children without fathers (notice the plural "fathers"). Sure, nobody says what they're thinking to your face; that you're a "skank", but that's what they're saying behind your back.

I am merely the "voice" of society, those people who you meet on the street, the people in the stores, the people living next door to you, etc.

Was I wrong about you? Of course not.

IAAL
Once again......... GOD is the ONLY judge of me......... here in life or in the after life............ am I skank? NO........... I, just like every single human being in this world have made mistakes.............. Yes my children DO have different fathers......... your point is? I don't give a damn who there fathers are or anything else.......... they are my kids........ I would do ANY and EVERY thing in this world for them. And I know you are right that people think so badly about me............ the one thing is.......... if you and every one else would keep there mouth shut for awhile, then you could actually get to know who I am, and who my children have made me become. I am probably one of the most forgiving, loving, and understanding person you will ever meet. I realize that everyone walking down the street has a PAST..... and that until I have walked in there shoes........... I don't pretend to know what they have been through.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

singlemomof3 said:
Yes my children DO have different fathers......... your point is?

MY RESPONSE: Oh, I knew it, I knew it! My point is, I had no facts with which to come to my conclusions until JUST NOW! All I had were suppositions based upon those given facts by you, and the fact that you're from Texas! Everything else was an extrapolation based upon others like you that have visited this site. You see, you're not alone!

The point is, this is one of the definitions of "skank" - - 22 years old, 3 children, and multiple men. I guess the old bowling alley WAS closed!

Oh, this is too much!

I am just ROLLING on the floor laughing!!

I don't give a damn who there fathers are or anything else.......... they are my kids........ I would do ANY and EVERY thing in this world for them. And I know you are right that people think so badly about me............ the one thing is.......... if you and every one else would keep there mouth shut for awhile, then you could actually get to know who I am, and who my children have made me become. I am probably one of the most forgiving, loving, and understanding person you will ever meet.

MY RESPONSE: Oh my God! This is just too much! Yes, you're a "loving" person, alright. Just a little too much "loving". Try to keep your legs crossed, will you?

Thanks for playing along. I had a blast. But, you see, just from your words, and from my legal experience, I know EXACTLY who you are.

IAAL

pammness

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

What I'm interested in is the fact that you're only 22 and have 3 children. Let me guess - - your oldest is 7 years old, right?

IAAL
I thought your interest was suppose to be directed at what legal advise you could give this young lady.... I think we all now know what your true reason is for being here, and it isn't to help people with legal advise. Makes me wonder if you really do have a law degree...... :rolleyes:

marbol

singlemomof3 said:
Ok first of all, who are you to judge? And yes I am 22 yr old mom of three...... ages 4, 2, and 1. I did not start hving children at 15. Last but not least what in the world does my age and the number of children I have, have to do with my LEGAL problem?
Because he/she is a jerk (IAAL is)

Last edited:

marbol

singlemomof3 said:
What is the name of your state? Texas
My name is Kristi and I am a 22 yr old mom of 3. I am currently unemployed because I cannott afford daycare. I am currently in an online university majoring in paralegal studies [...]
Honestly I can't afford to pay $500 to an attorney and then end up lossing the case. Help me please.
Get proof or affidavits from someone who fixes the car. And sue them in small claims court yourself. Most of the time it's 50 to 80 dollars to sue - 12 or so dollars to file and the rest for serving notice to them.

Usually they will settle out of court.

You are supposed to sue for actual damages. So you probably should try to fix your car, on credit if you have to, and take that amount it costs as a basis for what to ask for in the suit (5 thousand is the max you can ask for in small claims in TX inclusive of filing fee and interest)

You will need to find out if the oil change place is a corporation (do not assume it is based on the name of the place - it could be a franchise)

If it's a corporation you have to call the state of Texas to find out the address and name of the person you need to serve. If it's not a corporation, then sue them at the place you got the work done at - the business address.

Then go to the county offices of the oil change place (or where you live) and sue them in small claims court - you will have to get process served on them - which means you pay the filing fee to the county clerks office you file in (probably 10 to 15 dollars) and then you pay the process server for the county where you will serve the papers - the address you got from the state or else the business address of the business. So it could be different counties. (that will probaby be around 50 to 60 bucks) - take different checks. (and don't let them bounce)

Then wait to see if the answer the suit.

You don't have to take any proof with you to file the suit. Only a very basic explanation like "They destroyed my engine by overfilling the crankcase with oil and it cost me 2000 dollars to fix it"

That's about it for now.

Last edited:

marbol

pammness said:
I thought your interest was suppose to be directed at what legal advise you could give this young lady.... I think we all now know what your true reason is for being here, and it isn't to help people with legal advise. Makes me wonder if you really do have a law degree...... :rolleyes:
I think the IAAL doesn't stand for I AM A LAWYER. I think it's stands for his "I am always liable" crap.

Sounds like an admission of guilt to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">