• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

finance companies

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gef

What is the name of your state? indiana the situation is this i went to a car dealership (used) and got a car financing etc. was approved about halfway through paying on the car with no late payments the dealership sold my contract to finance company that is out of state now in the contract i agreed to a service contract that added an additional $500.00 to the purchase price with the understanding that i wouldnt have to pay for repairs if something happened to the car shortly after my contract was sold i started having problems and when i tried to get the car repaired every recommended shops stated that i would have to pay a$75.00 fee to have the car looked at and whatever the cost of repairs would be i said no way and paid out of pocket for the repairs needed (came out cheaper) now the finance company said they are not responsible for that they just purchased the contract i refused to pay the additional $500.00 for service nowthey are hassling me and my wife about paying this plus and additional $250.00 to pay off the account and are talking about suing if we dont keep in mind that after talking to one of their collection managers about 2 years ago arguing back and forth we came to a agreement that i would make 2 more payments and be done ($120.00 ea.) which i did i cant find my reciepts for doing so after about 2 years so what can i do at this point, can they get away with this or can i make them go away without spending anymore money what am i to do:confused: oh they also are stillholding the title to the car

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">