• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Finance Company for Auto

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Florida

The finance company for my car rejected my last payment of the account in full, but still issued the released title and a copy of the original contract stamped "paid". Now they are claiming it was issued in error, and they want the money they rejected or the title. Can they repossess?

divgradcurl

stellapena said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

The finance company for my car rejected my last payment of the account in full, but still issued the released title and a copy of the original contract stamped "paid". Now they are claiming it was issued in error, and they want the money they rejected or the title. Can they repossess?
They probably cannot repossess the car, if they've released the title -- but they can certainly demand any money that you still owe them, and can sue you if you don't pay.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">