• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fitness Club and Personal Training

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Kimberly M

What is the name of your state? california

i signed a contract with a 24 Hour Fitness club's personal trainer for a total of 18 sessions. i have had three different trainers now. the club doesn't give trainers their messages in a timely fashion, so sessions, which i had to reschedule and called 24 hours in advance to change, were not noted. consequently, i've been charged for sessions i never got. however, when the trainers did not shown up and i did, was i credited a session because i did not get 24 hours notice? No!

the manager has changed twice, and each has apologized and promised things will be better. trainers have quit the club, and i've been assigned a new trainer. it has happened again. i am sick of being bounced around and want a refund of my unused sessions. the club says that i am not entitled to a refund as the payment is made in advance and that they can assign me another trainer at their discretion.

i feel that the have breeched their contract with me by not providing the service I have paid for in a timely fashion. my sessions are void in july, and I have tried to solve this talking to managers and then the corporate office to no avail.

am i correct in stating that i am entitled to a refund?

Last edited:

K

Kimberly M

Personal Training Contract

i signed the contract january 27, 2003. i am a member of the club, so this was in addition to my membeship. the new trainer wasn't able to start until mid-february. yes, I paid with a credit card.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">