• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Flim Flam?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pete11_2000

What is the name of your state?Almost a month ago I signed papers to purchase at a boat dealership, which was on a Monday. On Wednesday which was clearly less than 36 hours, I contacted the dealership to cancel the boat deal. Iwas told that they will call me back. I finally received a call stating that it was to late because the boat has been registered to me, but on 4/21/05 almost a month later I received a call from the Dept.of Gaming and Fishing stating that they received the packet for registration and going against my wishes not to register boat in my name, something I requested about a month ago, I was told it was against the law. I must stress that I didn't take possesion of the boat, but to me it seems as though the dealership and finance company are both working together. Is there any resolution?

S

seniorjudge

pete11_2000 said:
What is the name of your state?Almost a month ago I signed papers to purchase at a boat dealership, which was on a Monday. On Wednesday which was clearly less than 36 hours, I contacted the dealership to cancel the boat deal. Iwas told that they will call me back. I finally received a call stating that it was to late because the boat has been registered to me, but on 4/21/05 almost a month later I received a call from the Dept.of Gaming and Fishing stating that they received the packet for registration and going against my wishes not to register boat in my name, something I requested about a month ago, I was told it was against the law. I must stress that I didn't take possesion of the boat, but to me it seems as though the dealership and finance company are both working together. Is there any resolution?
Did you cancel in writing?

If not, then sell the boat....it's yours.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">