• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Flooring company breach of contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bruha

Missouri
I just bought a new house a year ago. I already had a hardwood floor replaced in my foyer. And while they were out doing that one I had them look at my kitchen/laundry/breakfast room vinyl floor. The vinyl floor seams all split and started to seperate. I had them try to reseal and patch some of them but it did not work. After about two visits by the installer and one by the manager they agreed that they messed up. They then said they would give me a new floor. And if I wanted to I could get an upgrade at a reduced price. So my wife and I went and figured out we wanted a tile floor. They came and laid it this week and when they went to put back the appliances they did not fit they way they did before. I told them about the fridge not fitting back underneath the cabinet and they said they will fix it. But what they did not think about was the stove not fitting right. It is too tight and now sticks a inch above the countertop. They are trying to say I must live with it and they are not going to do anything about it. My floor has raised 3/4 of a inch above the already 1/4 inch is was with the vinyl. We can not find a stove to fit back there and they want to cut a hole in the floor to let the stove try to come down.
I was wondering what I can do. I still owe them half of the bill. Can I refuse to pay them? How can I force them to fix it right? I feel it was their fault and they should have replaced it correctly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">