• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Flooring Purchase Order with Empire, Michigan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

trp12

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

Recently signed a PO from Empire Carpets to install wood flooring in our home. The day of the installation, the local office calls us to state there was a calculation error in the spec sheet and they need an add'l $1500.00 to move forward with the order.

Is this possible? They state the salesperson messed up with her calculations...I say that is not my problem and I want the deal in the signed purchase order!

I put down a $200.00 deposit as well. Other than telling Empire to refund me my deposit and I won't use their services any longer, what rights do I have for them to honor the contract?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

justalayman

well, depending on why the error occurred, you might be able to spend 5 times the $1500 or so (just a guess at possible legal costs) and get a court to order they abide by the contract if you would rather do that.

no promises or guarantees but a contract is a contract.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">