• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Florida Construction Contractor law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sansalot

I live in Broward County, Florida and have been having problems with a contractor I hired to do a kitchen remodel. The job started OVER 6 months ago and is still not done, and the workmanship is shoddy. He shows up only sporadically, and I put him on notice on 4/11/01 in writing that he is in default of our contract and addendums by not completing the job on time, and that he was expected to routinely work at the job and had 20 days to complete the job, or he would be considered as having abandoned the job. He ignores anything I write or say. In order for him to be considered as having "abandoned" the job, does Florida law require something more specific in writing to him giving him 72 hours, etc - or what exactly is required so that I can be rid of him yet have it be considered as abandoned?? He does have "completion coverage" along with his liability insurance. Are you familiar with any requirements needed to make claims on his completion coverage? I want to do the right things to keep myself protected. Thank You, snasalot

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">