• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forced to deal with parties outside of contract, unverifiable billing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Phenry

Forced to deal with non-contracted party, unverifiable billing

In Oct 2011, I signed a door-to-door moving contract with an international moving company in New York to move one bed room of furniture from NYC to China. The furniture are in China now, an agent-company (partner with the NY company) is holding it.

The contract mentions that I was to pay overseas port fee, but the overseas agent-company intend to bill me an arbitrary amounts without any verifiable proof, and the moving company want me to pay directly to the overseas agent. The contract did not mention any dealings outside of the U.S., nor did it mention any dealing with another completely different company. Right now, it’s as if the moving company is treating the matters outside of the U.S. as entirely not their responsibility, not their work.

Do I have any choice but to deal with the overseas agent company, who seems to me not part of the contract. And to pay an arbitrary amount which they bill me without any verification?

Sharing link to the contract in Google docs:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3wC-BRDhPaxRGd4WVRVVGlTUFNnUkRmMUNxMkV4Zw/edit

Any input, guidance is greatly appreciated, thank you.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">