• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ford SUV Sale

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kash0925

June of 2001 I bought a 1997 Ford Expedition Used with the standard but as is clause. No sooner then one week I took it in for service because of the electrical system. They fixed the problem I thought but to find out the next week and a half the dash board stoped working. I took back again but this time they would not fix but I found out the following talking to the service tech:

1) They spent a lot of money trying to fix the electrical system before selling this truck!

2) The owners wife has been using this truck all the time before selling.

I cant get them to fix my truck but thats all I want them to do is fix it. Should they not have told me that they had a electrical problem in the first place?

What can I get them to do?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

kash0925 said:
2) The owners wife has been using this truck all the time before selling.
My response:

That is an EXCELLENT reason for making the dealer fix your truck. Women should NEVER drive a truck; especially, dealers' wives. I mean, that's just outrageous, unthinkable and unheard of !

Actually, you're the one who's stuck. You bought it "As-Is" and you had a duty to yourself, prior to signing the contract, to take the truck to your own mechanic for a thorough inspection. But, you didn't, and that's not the dealer's fault.

Many used vehicles have problems with them - - which is a major reason for "trade-in" by the previous owner - - they want to dump the vehicle !

So, you bought a truck, my friend, right along with all of its problems. Caveat Emptor.

Click on, and read this thread also:
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?threadid=71567

IAAL

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">