• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Foreign object in my food while eating at a restaurant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

natuahene

California

I was eating a focaccia dipper at a Souplantation restaurant with my husband and four children and bit into a metal wire. At first, I thought it was my tooth filling coming out, but it was an actual thin wire (about 1 ½ inches long) in the food. I spoke to the waitress about this incident, showed her the wire I spit out and she told me I was the second person that this had happened to recently, and that it is the fault of the facility who sent it to the 10th St. West location in Palmdale, CA. This incident was very disconcerting. The manager, Juan, was very professional about the whole ordeal. He took the wire that I had left on a napkin and gave my family a free meal.

I spoke to a regional operations manager (he called me) the next day after requesting that someone from corporate get in contact with me about this incident, letting me know what has been done to make sure this happens to no one else, and wrote that I would like to be further compensated for this inconvenience.
What are my rights as a consumer and what is FAIR compensation in your opinion? Please let me know. Thanks!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Just Blue

What are my rights as a consumer and what is FAIR compensation in your opinion? Please let me know.
Per your posting your have already been fairly compensated as a consumer.

cyjeff

Agreed.

You have no long term damage. You and your entire family received a free meal.

According to the law, you have received just compensation.

You did not win the lottery.

natuahene

You did not win the lottery

Agreed.

You have no long term damage. You and your entire family received a free meal.

According to the law, you have received just compensation.

You did not win the lottery.
Thank you for your constructive advice:-(

cyjeff

Thank you for your constructive advice:-(
Many people in your situation believe that there will be a multi-million dollar payout.

If you are not of that group, I apologize.

To be compensated further, you would have to prove to a court of law how you have been further damaged by your event.

You didn't mention any further damages... especially any long term ones.

No damages, no check.

Hot Topic

You relay in what would seem to be glowing terms about how professionally the situation was handled by the restaurant, and now you want to know how to stick it to them?

Don't ever eat there again. You'll feel better, and I think if they could read your post, the people at that restaurant would be relieved to learn they'd lost you as a customer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">