• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forged Signature

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

judielu

What is the name of your state? Nevada

My son's ex-wife forged his signature on a contract for a Ford Van. In 1998, he co-signed a contract on this van for her. They both lived in California at that time. The contract was for 3 years. She has since refinanced and extended the contract 2 or 3 more times without his knowledge or permission. He has not received any paper work from the loan makers regarding this van until now. He has been remarried since 1999 and now lives in Nevada. She now resides in Arizona. He has been in Nevada since 2000 and she has been in Arizona since 2000. Is he liable for this contract even though the signature is a forgery and he had no knowledge of the contract?...Judie

J

judielu

Still waiting for a reply to this post. We have been toying with the idea of telling the car financer to have my son's exwife arrested for forging the signature as we don't feel my son is responsible for something he knew nothing about. There is also a question if the lender made ANY effort to contact my son before changing the terms.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">