• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

forgery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

branden02

i live in texas. in 1998 i went to my mothers bank to get a loan for a car. she was with me. i tried to get the loan by myself but i was denied. i was told that i woulod need a co-signer. so my mother said that she would. well i signed my papers but she never signed any. her name is on the contract though. in 2000, i was home from college on spring break and i was a victim of a violent crime. i was shot at at a c-store in the middle of a robbery and they took the car. i had left my insurance lapse so i didnt have any. well the defendents took the car and burned it up. they were later sent to jail. now the bank is sueing me and my mother. they served us with papers and we find that the signature on the papers is not my mothers, she never signed the contract. someone forgered her signature and it wasn't me. she is left handed and the person that signed the contract was right handed.

Can they hold us liable for this contract.
can the bank take money out of my account
can we sue the bank for forgery

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">