• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Frame Damage Vehicle Disclosure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bayoubrut

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Louisiana

Hello,
For starters, I am a licensed used car dealer in Louisiana. On June 30th 2009 I purchased a 2001 Chevrolet Silverado from a dealers only car auction here in LA. I purchased the vehicle on a "green light" which means nothing apparantly. There is nothing really visibly wrong with the truck but I was not able to sell it on my lot. I brought the truck to an auction (a different one) and they do checks on vehicles before running them. Long story short, it showed frame damage on the Autocheck report. It showed the truck was sold on June 18th at an auction in Texas and Frame Damage was disclosed to buyer. Turns out the buyer is the same dealer that sold it to me. I have never purchased a frame damaged truck and had I knew I would not have purchased this one. I have not called the dealer yet but plan to soon. What, if anything, can I do to recover some of my money. By the way, the bidding on the truck was $2,400 less than my purchase price.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">