• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Franklin Mint

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

emt4com

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NM
Not sure if this the proper category, please forgive if it's not. In April 2006 I purchased 2 sets of the Presidential coin series from the Franklin Mint using their pay as you go program ($17.80 every 4 months). A few months later, they called me & talked me into paying for the entire sets ($250 per set). It was quite a savings & they assured me that I could cancel at any time & get a refund for any coins that had not been shipped, so I went for it. I failed to get the cancel policy in writing. Now, I want to cancel with only 8 of the coins having been shipped (So, I figure I would have been due approx $385 refund on the unshipped coins), but I am now told that it is their policy not to allow cancellations on prepaid sets. Do I have any options or am I stuck with this? I do appreciate your time and consideration on this matter.
Sincerely,
Jon

emt4com

Verbal agreement

No one as yet has posted any thoughts on this...granted, it's nothing earth shattering. However, I've had 5 strokes (bleeds) and am on disability, so I really can't afford to consult with a lawyer on this & the $385 refund would mean a lot to me right now. Maybe I just didn't provide enough details or maybe it's just not important enough? When they called me & talked me into paying for the sets in full, we had a verbal agreement that I could cancel at any time & get a refund for any unshipped coins. Now, they tell me that is not their policy. Has any on else ever had any experience with the Franklin Mint or have any ideas on what I can do to get them to honor the verbal agreement that was made over the phone with me? I appreciate your time & consideration in this.
Jon

BL

Contact your local Office of Attorney General .

Have you asked franklin Mint to provide you with their written policy ,of what they claim , at the time you purchased the coins ?

Often times a Rep. from any Co. will verbally say one thing , then it will not be honored ,only to be told by another Rep. this is not our policy .

Gotta make sure it's in writing .

Alex23

You want to get a refund for coins not delivered that is greater than the amount you paid for the coins you already have? I don't get it unless it's a scam.

emt4com

Thanks, I will try my local Attorney General. No, I would never ask for more than what I originally paid. I paid $500 for 2 sets & there are 44 presidents. They have delivered 8 presidents so far (or 16 coins for the 2 sets) so I figure that's about 19% of a full set & I figured a roughly 75% refund would be fair, so that's where I came up with the $385. I think if you do the math, they still come out ahead...except they are giving me my money back. No, I have not asked them for their policy in writing either. If I do that, I suppose they could just type up a new policy & send that to me. Thanks again for your time and consideration... I do appreciate it. I should never have got invloved with them in the first place.
Sincerely,
Jon

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">