• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sunita barua

What is the name of your state? Newyork
:confused: I am an antic collector, in 1997 years I bought an antic from an antic shop, which is a 15th Century Ming Vase worth 50,000. After examining that vase I asked the dealer whether it is a real one or not he told me it is. After few days I went back there and bought the vase. Now, I find out that the vase was an imitation and worth only 5,000. I go back to that shop and asked the dealer about this, at the time I asked him he believe that the vase was original but after my querries, he investigate hilself about the antic and found out that it was an imitation but didn't tell me at that time. What should I do now or what remedies could I get?

Last edited:

djohnson

First explain what an antic vase is and how long have you been collecting and studying these antics. Then what kind of warranty or guaranty did he give you with this antic. That will help seeing what happened in this antic deal you made as a antic collector to this antic dealer.

:D

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

It must be called the "Antics Roadshow". Isn't that the show where old, and very old, comic actors go?

I especially enjoy the antics of Milton Berle and Lucy Arnaz.

IAAL

djohnson

You may be right, I hadn't thought of that. I thought it must be some kind of place for kids in trouble for bad antics and instead of license plates they made vases. Shows you what I know. I also figured if they were an avid collector and knew what they were doing that the spelling would have been better. My guess is someone else played upon the posters knowledge of antics.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">