• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fraud or not

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bengelking

I live in Missouri. I have a friend whom I loaned a total of $25,000 over a 3 month period. I had worked with him for 4 years, so I trusted him. He always told me he had a lot of money, and I now believe he was stealing from the company. He had me believing he was wealthy. He told me he had cancer(I think this is true), but he said a lawyer friend was worried he would give all his money away after he had brain cancer surgery, so a case was filed and the judge froze all his assets. He approached me for money saying he would put me in his will for 1 million, and he would double my money if I gave him a short term loan. Then after the first loan, he kept wanting more saying it was Attny fees to get his accounts unfroze. He made up many other stories to convince me to give him money. I now know all this is lie, and I'm sure I've been scammed. He doesn't know I am on to him so he is still trying to get more. I'm wondering how I should get my money back. I spoke with a lawyer who is drawing up a promissary note, which I will try to get him to sign that I loaned him the money. Now I'm wondering what is the best way to get my money back.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">