• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Free Xbox Magazine

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

andrea_msp

What is the name of your state? MINNESOTA

My 15 year old son received an Xbox for Christmas. Apparently there was a card for a free Xbox magazine in it, which he sent in. Now I am receiving letters from a collection agency addressed to the parents with my son's name on it.

My question: Am I legally responsible for paying for this magazine? I have returned the letters with my request to cancel, but I keep getting the notice from the collections agency. Since the amount is small, should I just pay the $25 so they do not cause problems with my credit rating?

Also, I have tried to call the number listed but it is just an automated service.

HELP...

djohnson

Have you left messages? What happens when you get the automated system? As a minor he is not responsible and can not sign a contract. On the card did he have to indicate he was a certain age?

I know under some circumstances they give you so many months for free and then you are charged unless you cancel. Could this have been the deal? Did you read it before he sent it in? He may not have understood what he was getting into. I would continue to try and get through to the company even if you have to send a letter RRR to the address they want you to send the payment to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">