• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fundraising Fraud?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Texasgirlkp

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

My husband's ex is having a fundraising event at a softball field to help pay for their son's medical expenses. The out of pocket medical expenses total $1500, which we are to split 50/50. She has not actually told us about this event; a mutual friend informed us of these plans. The softball field where this is being held is sponsoring the games and will be donating $150 per team that enters, plus all concessions will be donated to her as well. So far, 10 teams have signed up. She is still planning on giving us a statement for medical expenses for us to pay our half. Can she legally organize an event like this with the intent to pay medical bills and instead pocket almost all of the money donated?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Texasgirlkp

I don't resent having to pay these medical bills. It is what it is and they have to be paid. What I resent is the fact that a mother would exploit her child for financial gain by using his medical problems as bait. She knows that people are sympathetic when it comes to sick children and is using that to her advantage. What she is doing is wrong, she has taken it way too far this time and I am tired of her getting away with her bad behavior. She needs to be held accountable for her actions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">