• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Funky Financing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JKShack

What is the name of your state? -Louisiana

My wife and I purchased a car from a local dealer ship. Everything went fine, or so we thought. We signed a contract and recieved our registration listing the bank as the leinholder. A few weeks later the dealership contacted us and told us the lender had rejected the loan and we had to return the car. When I mentioned they had already registered the car to us with the bank as the leinholder, the dealership seemed confused and said they would have to get back to us. It has been over two months since we signed the paperwork and almost a month since we recieved the registration and license plate. Is this legal and what are our remedies?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

JKShack said:
What is the name of your state? -Louisiana

My wife and I purchased a car from a local dealer ship. Everything went fine, or so we thought. We signed a contract and recieved our registration listing the bank as the leinholder. A few weeks later the dealership contacted us and told us the lender had rejected the loan and we had to return the car. When I mentioned they had already registered the car to us with the bank as the leinholder, the dealership seemed confused and said they would have to get back to us. It has been over two months since we signed the paperwork and almost a month since we recieved the registration and license plate. Is this legal and what are our remedies?

My response:

Is what legal?

That the dealership called you?

That you recieved the registration and license plate?

Please define your question a little better.

IAAL

J

JKShack

The questions is, is it legal for them to come back 2 months later , after having laready cashed our check and registered the car in our name? Sorry if it was confusing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">