• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

furniture co. damaged my ceiling

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

NursieDawn

new hampshire..i purchased a brand new bedroom set from a furniture company in may of 2000. a couple of weeks later they delivered it. while bringing the king sized mattress up the stairs to the bedroom, they put a hole in my ceiling. it damaged 2 of the ceiling tiles. the movers admitted to the damage and put a note on the receipt. they called their supervisor from my house. we were then told that someone would come by to take a look. after a few phonecalls to them someone finally came. he took a damaged tile and tried to find a replacement piece. we heard nothing from the company and called them again. they stated that they could not find a match to the tile and asked if they could take another undamaged tile form the ceiling to help find a match. we allowed it. again they did not call back. when we finally reached them they stated that they could not find a match to the tile anywhere and asked if we could settle it with a $50 gift certificate. we told them that our ceiling was damaged it needed to be replaced. they have been giving us the run around for almost one year. we got an estimate and gave t to the owner. he said we could work something out. now he is totally avoiding all of our calls. wouldn't the furniture company be responsible for the replacement of the entire ceiling since the existing tile pattern can not be replaced. this ceiling was in perfect condition prior to their damage.

[Edited by NursieDawn on 04-30-2001 at 07:03 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">