• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ga. dealer selling my acct, now they want me to sign more papers..please read on...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bholder

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GEORGIA

i purchased a vehicle on 9/22/09 and on 9/23/09 the dealer called me and stated that he was going to sell my acct. i am fine with that, however he tells me that he needs to pick my vehicle up or have me to bring my vehicle to him to have a GPS and starter interrupt put on the car.:mad: I and my husband expressed to him that we do not want that on my vehicle and had it been on there before our purchase, we would have walked away and not made a deal. I would have went elsewhere for a car.

On 9/24/09 the dealer calls me and tells me that he worked it out with the finance company and that I will not have to have the GPS and starter interrupt put on my car...but I would have to sign some papers.
He brought the papers to my job and told me that one of them is about the gps and starter interrupt and that "even though the GPS and starter interrupt has not been installed you still need to sign and initial"

I have read and read the papers that I signed when I made the deal, and no where that I can find states that if I do not allow any devices to be installed on my car that I will be in default of the agreement.

That being said, I do not feel like i should sign something that is false.

Is anyone aware of any laws regarding this in Ga. or has anyone else ever experienced this when purchasing a used car?:confused:

I keep putting the dealer off because I do not want to sign those papers. I am almost to the point of saying give me my money back...had I known it would be this way I would have gone elsewhere for a car...

I am open to any suggestions and advice!

THANKS!

tranquility

I see no reason from the facts you've mentioned that you need to sign anything. Tell the dealer to stop calling you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">