• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Get $ from General Contractor for really bad patio/cement job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bdhillon

What is the name of your state? CA

Last year I hired a contractor to do some patio/cement work and he really did a bad job. It was suppose to be colored and the patio has all kinds of cracks.
This guy did not even finish the job. I deducted little for labor but I had to pay the Cement Company other wise they put lien on my home.

I want to sue this stupid contractor but I just have his name and his lic. is expired. How can I go about finding his correct address and take him to small claims court? I sent letter to his office address but it came back saying this person is not there anymore.

any help?

- Bal :mad:

bdhillon said:
What is the name of your state? CA

Last year I hired a contractor to do some patio/cement work and he really did a bad job. It was suppose to be colored and the patio has all kinds of cracks.
This guy did not even finish the job. I deducted little for labor but I had to pay the Cement Company other wise they put lien on my home.

I want to sue this stupid contractor but I just have his name and his lic. is expired. How can I go about finding his correct address and take him to small claims court? I sent letter to his office address but it came back saying this person is not there anymore.

any help?

- Bal :mad:
I'd start with this site: http://www2.cslb.ca.gov/CSLB_LIBRARY/Name+Request.asp

This is the CA Contractors State Licensing Board. Plug in his name and see what info comes up. You say his license is expired. How (and when) did you get this information? If he is indeed expired and is still contracting for jobs over $500 the Board would love to hear about that. Cruise that site and find the complaint form to submit. They can subject him to all kinds of fines, penalties, etc. You need to make him stop before he takes someone else for a ride.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">