• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

getting out of an auto lease early

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

annh7

How can I get out of a 5 year auto lease after only 14 month? I don't want to have file bankruptcy just to get out of this, but I don't have the money they want for all their fees either.

JETX

Read your lease. What does it say about early termination?? That is what you can do. Anything else will cause a breach and will have the potential for costing you even bigger bucks.

Also, a warning... do NOT go to any of the 'lease transfer' dealers. They will take your money (and the 'new' lessee) and 'forget' to get permission from your leasing company. When they find out (or the payments stop) they will repo the car and you will still have to pay.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">