• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting out of the military

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jcdawsey

i'm a lieutenant in the army. i was commisioned through officer candidate school(ocs). i pay taxes in virginia, but am presently residing in missouri. i've heard that if a person can aquire a better paying job in the civilian sector, one may exit his contract early. is this true? if so, what are the parameters? i have already received several job offers.

S

SPAGUY

This is totally false, usually circulated by enlisted barracks lawyers, You, Lt, should have learned better in your UCMJ classes at OCS, you commited to a contract with the U.S. Army, for a certain # of years, and are obligated to serve that many years, and more if the needs of the Army require it!
So stop your crying, you wont get rich on military pay, but you do make twice as much as an enlisted man, and start trying to act like a leader of men, since the enlisted men assigned with you are required to treat you as a dedicated leader and earn the pay that you are receiving until your obligation is up!!
Lastly, as a commishioned officer, if the Army has not paid for any of your educational training, all officers have the privilage of tendering their resignation, at any time, however this request must be approved by higher headquarters to become effective
Hope this helps
Semper Fi!
Steve
Leader of Marines

J

jkeleman

I understand there are cases has beeb written where many officers have received military discharge from the service due to reason of homosexual reason. Was there a rule so called " Don't ask don't tell "??? You may want to research more in this area.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

jkeleman said:
I understand there are cases has beeb written where many officers have received military discharge from the service due to reason of homosexual reason. Was there a rule so called " Don't ask don't tell "??? You may want to research more in this area.
My response:

What the hell does your post, and homosexuality, have to do with anything ?

I tell you what. Why don't you follow our rule:

"Don't post, and don't post anymore".

How's that ?

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">