• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Gift Cards

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ladywriter

i received a spa gift card in the amount of $500. I made an appointment for a friend and myself, which would use up the entire amount on the card. I was told the gift card would apply only to me, and that I'd have to pay for my friend's treatment. They said I could return and use up remaining balance at later date. Can they dictate that my gift card be used only for me?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
i received a spa gift card in the amount of $500. I made an appointment for a friend and myself, which would use up the entire amount on the card. I was told the gift card would apply only to me, and that I'd have to pay for my friend's treatment. They said I could return and use up remaining balance at later date. Can they dictate that my gift card be used only for me?
1: US law only
2: Sure, why not?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">