• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

given wrong prescription by pharmacy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

Heartbeat

I had a heart attack in april..the doctor gave me a written prescription, I had it filled. I went back to the doctor for a follow-up and a stress test, he said my blood pressure was high and was going to increase the medication. He wrote me a new script. Had it filled, when i got it the pills where smaller then the previous, I called the pharmacy and question this. They said they would call the Dr.
They called me back and said that the script was correct.
On 7/7/01 I had an appointment with my dr. my blood pressure was sky high. We found out that the pharmacy has been giving me the wrong dose of meds. they read the first script wrong and the second....plus I had even questioned them about the second one...Do I have any grounds for a lawsuit? I live in New Jersey.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Probably not. This is because you never mentioned whether you have suffered actual damages as a result.

If you did suffer damages; e.g., another heart attack, then you'd probably have a medical malpractice lawsuit against both the doctor and the pharmacy. As to the doctor, because his handwriting is LOUSY and can be misunderstood.

As against the pharmacy because they "assumed" the proper dosage because they couldn't read the doctor's handwriting and FAILED to confirm the prescription dosage with the doctor before they gave you the prescription medicine.

But, again, no damages, no lawsuit.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">