• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

giving up my right to sue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jonn5

What is the name of your state? Florida

3 Yrs ago I entered into a contract with a large restaurant chain to become a franchisee of them. After many delays and problems from the franchise, a solution was made that the franchise would pay me $100,000.00 for my trouble. In the contract I would receive the money, but I would give up my right to sue them for the problems that have occured up to the date of the contract. Along with this contract there was a verbal contract with myself and the land lord made by the frachise that they would have the project completed by certain date. The franchise missed the date by 37 days. When I agreed to this contract, it was based on that the franchise would have the restaurant completed by a certain date. By signing this agreement have I given up my right to sue them, or is the contract voided because the did not complete the restaurant on time.

Thank you for any information you have.

HomeGuru

jonn5 said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

3 Yrs ago I entered into a contract with a large restaurant chain to become a franchisee of them. After many delays and problems from the franchise, a solution was made that the franchise would pay me $100,000.00 for my trouble. In the contract I would receive the money, but I would give up my right to sue them for the problems that have occured up to the date of the contract. Along with this contract there was a verbal contract with myself and the land lord made by the frachise that they would have the project completed by certain date. The franchise missed the date by 37 days. When I agreed to this contract, it was based on that the franchise would have the restaurant completed by a certain date. By signing this agreement have I given up my right to sue them, or is the contract voided because the did not complete the restaurant on time.

Thank you for any information you have.
**A: hire the attorney that you should have hired before signing the franchise agreement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">